Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Jesus - violent?

Matthew 11:28-30

1. How did Jesus describe Himself?

Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."

Jesus described Himself as gentle and humble in heart.

Matthew 26:47-56

2. How did Jesus choose the path of non-violence?

Once one of His disciples cut the enemy's ear when Jesus was captured, Jesus said "Put your sword back in its place," Jesus said to him, "for all who draw the sword will die by the sword. Do you think I cannot call on my Father, and he will at once put at my disposal more than twelve legions of angels? But how then would the Scriptures be fulfilled that say it must happen in this way?"

No comments: