Friday, February 8, 2008

'Sit quietly before mystery'

2 Samuel 7:18-29

1. How does David respond to God's word to him?

David responded by recognising that God's words are trustworthy, and have promised these good things. Now be pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever with the Lord's blessings.

He focused on the person of God who went out to redeem as a people for himself, and to make a name for himself, and to perform great and awesome wonders by driving out nations and their gods from before the Israelites.

Psalms 131:1-3

2. Reflect on the analogy the psalmist uses.

My heart is not proud, O LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.

But I have stilled and quieted my soul;
like a weaned child with its mother,
like a weaned child is my soul within me.

O Israel, put your hope in the LORD
both now and forevermore.

No comments: