Saturday, May 23, 2009

Face to face with reality

Genesis 3:1-23

1. How did God respond to Adam's sin?

God did not immediately confront Adam with the eating of the forbidden fruit. Instead, God firstly called to the man, "Where are you?"

Adam answered, "I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid." And God said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree that I commanded you not to eat from?"

Adam said, "The woman you put here with me—she gave me some fruit from the tree, and I ate it." Then the LORD God said to the woman, "What is this you have done?" The woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."

God got to the root of the problem in a confrontation manner, but in a progressive way.

Micah 3:8; John 16:7-8

2. Why was Micah filled with the Spirit?

Micah was filled with power, with the Spirit of the LORD, and with justice and might, to declare to Jacob his transgression, to Israel his sin. For when the Spirit comes, he will convict the world of guilt in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment.

1 comment:

Teajay said...

Hey was looking for an updated devotional, Selwyn has been a blessing to my life please continue posting, thanks.