Sunday, May 4, 2008

'The only hope...'

2 Kings 2:7-14

1. How did fire redeem Elijah?

As Elijah and Elisha were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.

Isaiah 6:1-8

2. How did fire redeem Isaiah?

The doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke. "Woe to me!" Isaiah cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."

Then one of the seraphs flew to Isaiah with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar. With it he touched Isaiah's mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."

Then Isaiah heard the voice of the Lord saying, "Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?" And Isaiah said, "Here am I. Send me!"

No comments: