Saturday, November 24, 2007

'Nor anything else'

Jonah 2:1-10

1. What was Jonah's experience of God's reach?

From inside the fish Jonah prayed to the LORD his God. He said: "In my distress I called to the LORD, and he answered me. From the depths of the grave I called for help, and you listened to my cry.

To the roots of the mountains I sank down; the earth beneath barred me in forever. But you brought my life up from the pit, O LORD my God. "When my life was ebbing away, I remembered you, LORD, and my prayer rose to you, to your holy temple.

And the LORD commanded the fish, and it vomited Jonah onto dry land.

Romans 8:35-39

2. Why can nothing separate us from God' love?

In all things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

No comments: